I believe that all the tech being introduced to our school is wasteful of our money. We do not learn any better with all the stuff given, and we do not need to be spoiled with mini chrome books. The need to learn about these devices is crucial, however, if high school students overuse their ability to go on their chrome books, like for instance, in class: I have seen several freshmen ignore the lectures given and even ignore the teacher completely, for they were drowned in their little "books". I do recognize that they use the chrome books for homework, and like most students, they try to get other class work done in different classes. Its smart, yet expensive.
The high expenses for these gadgets aren't worth it. Students can access the library computers at all times to do homework, and freshmen aren't responsible enough to be carrying around little laptops. The smart boards are very nifty though, I do like how helpful they are in class (that is, if the teacher knows how to use them). My teachers like them, that is if they work correctly. The smart boards that do not work correctly are less useful than the original white boards. As an example, Mr. Mello rarely ever uses the smart board to write on, for it stops working and he has to write on the white board next to it. For some teachers this may also be the case, in which somebody should either come in and fix the board or take it out completely. All in all, smart boards should stay since they are very helpful, but the little chrome books are useless and silly. Students can get on the internet in various other ways, like library or at home. I find it hard to believe that you are planning to give out laptops to every student at our school, even if you have the money for it.
I enjoy National Geographic to learn what my teachers fail to tell me about
No comments:
Post a Comment