Thursday, October 31, 2013

Blog #6

JavaScript
Creating an HTML from scratch is fairly easy, from what we have done so far. I know that it will get harder as we progress, but at the moment I understand it quite well. Javascript, the coding language we have recently learned, is also understandable. I assume that the computer reads our commands as certain 1 and 0 combinations, which makes it do a specific action. If I were to teach someone how to use Javascript, I would tell them that “;” is the same as quotes in normal HTML language, and that “{“ is the same for “(“ in HTML. Then to give certain commands, much like we did in simple HTML language;commands like “left” and “style”, so the computer knows what you want something to look like or do.

The “animate()” command we wrote in the Javascript for digital2 website, is a good example of the specific commands the computer knows. I know now that “animate()” will have a different effect than “make that thing move”, which the computer wouldn't understand and freak out over. However, I do not understand what the “()” means after the “animate”... I thought it referred to the button we created, but then I remembered that we didn't animate the button, we animated what the button was hiding. Therefore, I am very confused about these things. In all honesty, I wish that creating websites was even easier, but I  understand that the computer only understands only specific demands like “animate()” which to the computer probably looks like 1100011100011101011101010, something I hope to soon understand as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment